I'm Somebody's Liebster Blog

The Liebster Blog Award is given to upcoming bloggers who have 200 followers or less. It helps people to get to know you as a blogger while introducing your blog to new viewers.

I was tagged/nominated for a Liebster Award by the fabulous Hira at over at Views and Reviews.  Thanks, darlin'!  (About the Liebster)

The strain Hira shared with me included 11 of everything, but in the interest of reader lack of interest and the (admittedly interprative) original spirit of the award, I'm going to compromise with five.

Here are the rules:
  1. Each person chosen must provide 5 facts about themselves.
  2. Answer the 5 questions that the blogger who tagged you has given, then think of 5 questions for the people you tag.
  3. Choose 5 people to receive the award and link them in your post.
  4. Be sure to tell these people that you've tagged them.
  5. Don't tag the person who tagged you.
Five facts about me:
  1. I have been married to my husband, Dallas, for 32 years. I have three sons, three DILs, two granddaughters and four grandsons.
  2. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
  3. I write too much . . . way too much. (As in, Robert Jordan too much.    War and Peace too much.)
  4. The first website I built was back in 2001, before blogs were invented.  It shared my son's missionary letters and pictures.
  5. I am a literary omnivore.
Hira's questions for me (all 11 because she asked):
  1. Describe yourself in a sentence.  I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister and friend, a writer with a passion for literature, history, art, creativity and faith.
  2. What's your guilty pleasure?  Service, when I should be doing housework.  Reading, when I should be doing housework.  Just about anything, when I really should be doing housework.
  3. What's your favorite childhood book?  Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder.
  4. What is the worst punishment that you've ever received and for what?  Most memorable:  bare-butt smacks for playing doctor (5 years old).
  5. What's your most embarrassing moment?  Too numerous to count.
  6. What is the worst book you've ever read?  There are all sorts of ways for a book to be bad.  I've tried to read Catch-22 by Joseph Heller on numerous occasions but have given up every time due to the salacious content.  I just don't need that filth in my head.  As for bad writing, that has to be my very first manuscript.
  7. What was your favorite cartoon as a child?  The Jetsons?   Can't really remember.  
  8. What is the most unusual/craziest thing that has ever happened to you?  Got married at the age of seventeen.
  9. What is the one thing you could tell us about yourself that others would be shocked to know?  I'm a closet blogger.
  10. Your biggest dream?  Becoming an author of hardbound books.
  11. If a character from a book could come to life, who would you want it to be and why?  Another really tough question, but I can think of three really strong women who stuck to what they believed in no matter the consequences: Jane of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, Fanny Price of Mansfield Park and Anne Elliott of Persuasion, both by Jane Austen.  All three were in straightened circumstances with an opportunity to become wealthy through compromise but chose their consciences instead. 
My 5 questions for the nominees:
  1. How many blogs do you own and what made you decide to start blogging?
  2. What is the cause dearest to your heart?
  3. What are you most passionate about?
  4. Who are your heroes?  (Name as many or as few as you like.)
  5. What do you want to be remembered for?
My Five Nominations:
  1. There's No Such Thing As Perfect because the messages Tomi shares here are profound and I love her writing
  2. SoSaysAmy because Amy is bright, funny, cheerful and insightful, and I can see myself as her in a different life.
  3. Living Loving Writing because Laura is an inspiration.
  4. ANWA Founders and Friends because these good ladies are such a help, support and inspiration.  (I think each one needs a Liebster).
  5. The Great Promise because I really admire Rick's effort to get his grandfather's journal out where people can read it.  
Ironically, none of these blogs have buttons or badges for me to share.  Get with it, folks!

4 comments:

Frederick Coxen said...

Thanks Penny for the nomination. I'm not sure who to nominate to carry this forwards because I've only joined a short while ago and haven't gotten to know anyone except you. Any suggestions?

I answered your 6 questions and even added an after thought. I'm not sure of what is meant by buttons or whatever the other thing was that I should add to my blog

Unknown said...

You're welcome! ^_^
I really enjoyed reading your answers!
I also had trouble coming up with 11 facts & questions and nominations =P It took me a lot of time to complete this.

Unknown said...

Rick, nominate some of the folks you've connected with on Book Blogs. . . or, connect with others until you find someone you do want to nominate. Or, ignore it.

Regarding buttons/badges: follow this link http://amindwandering.blogspot.com/p/blog-buttons.html to see a sampling of them. Each graphic is connected to another person's blog.

Here's a post on how to make one for your blog for others (like me) to share: http://amindwandering.blogspot.com/2012/06/blogger-tools-button-grabs.html.

Unknown said...

Check out Rick's Liebster responses here: http://thegreatpromisewwone.blogspot.com/2012/06/liebster-blog-nomination.html